EkStep Foundation focuses on providing access to learning opportunities to millions of learners in India to solve the societal problem of access to education. The foundation does this by being a lead contributor to Sunbird (www.sunbird.org), which is an open source digital infrastructure for learning services, which has a massively scalable set of microservices and reference solutions. These enable governments, private sector and NGOs to solve problems of learning in different domains, at population scale across the diversity of the country. Sunbird has a rich ecosystem of contributors and adopters, collaborating to meet the objectives of Sunbird.
The Foundation is looking to engage a product manager to work on Sunbird. In your role as a product manager, you will play a pivotal role in identifying user needs, solutions, driving the product roadmap and engaging with various contributors of Sunbird. You will need to be self-driven, work with cross functional teams, and run rapid experiments to evolve and scale the solutions.
- Work with the leadership, program and product teams to identify needs and define a solution roadmap with half-yearly targets and outcomes
- Orchestrate contributions to Sunbird by working with contributor organizations to enable them build generalized solutions that solve multiple needs in the education space
- Work collaboratively with design, engineering, policy and other teams across multiple contributor organisations to build high quality products
- Own features and products with minimal support
- Conduct experiments with end users in the ecosystem to understand user needs and improve product offerings
- Use a data driven approach to identify and drive solution improvements and enhancements
- 3-8 years of experience in product management or an equivalent role (B2C or B2B2C)
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities, with the ability to identify needs, develop creative and simple solutions for challenging problems
- Should have strong communication skills, the ability to build trust, negotiate, set goals, and get things done
- Should be a self-starter who prioritizes understanding systems and products inside out, and makes it a mission to deliver quality products
- Should have experience with prioritization and stakeholder management
- Should be able to dive deep into the data to gather learnings about existing patterns
- Should be comfortable with ambiguity, and dealing with fast paced, sometimes unstructured change
- Should be hands-on and comfortable playing an individual contributor role (this is not a people management position)
- Should have a B.E./B.Tech equivalent, preferably in Computer Science
- Should have experience working closely with business as well as engineering teams to set goals, detail out features and track overall delivery
- Experience with mobile apps is a plus
- Passion for working with technology products and solving learning needs
EkStep Foundation (EkStep) was set up in 2015 by Nandan Nilekani, Rohini Nilekani and Shankar Maruwada with a mission to increase access to learning opportunities for 200 million children in India by 2020. EkStep is fulfilling this mission by creating an open digital infrastructure for learning, with the intention of catalysing and amplifying the efforts of the vast education ecosystem comprising of governments, not-for-profits and market players, to build platforms, programs and contextual solutions to improve teaching and learning experiences at population scale in a sustainable manner.
Please email your resume and details to email@example.com